This policy highlights why PFEC Global collects and stores personal information, how it is collected and used, ways of disclosing information, protection and security; and finally, how submitted information can be corrected and/ or accessed.
Types of Personal Information
PFEC Global may gather personal information from you in its standard flow of work, which might sometimes be sensitive in nature. The following are some of the examples:
Personal details (including but not restricted to) name, email & postal addresses, date of birth, residency status, contact information, educational qualifications, tax file numbers, passport details, employment history, information necessary for application and submission of visa (includes medical and financial information), professional/ occupational memberships of users who:
- are prospective future students interested in studying in Australia
- employ our migration services or visa services to work or study in Australia
- show interest in working for us as consultants/ migration agents
- register with us to participate in any event sponsored, organized or arranged by PFEC Global, whether solely or as a co-sponsor.
Methods of Collection
All methods used by PFEC Global to collect information are fair and legally sound. We will only seek out your personal information from you or your authorised representative/ from a third party we have authorized to provide services. For this, you may connect with us through social media.
PFEC Global does not store any sensitive information that is not crucial in its dealings, or without the consent of its users. You will need to verify yourself if you want us to work with you—false identities or information are not acceptable.
Usage and Disclosures
When we need your information, we will disclose specifically where or in which process it will be necessary. Your information will only be disclosed secondarily with your consent, if you guide us to use it, or if Australian law requires it.
We may even use your information for direct marketing—but you will have the alternative of choosing not to be a part of any such future endeavours. Information might be sent to overseas organizations in relation to visa applications or migration service-related processes.
Protection and Security
1. The steps we take to protect and secure your personal information
2. How individuals can access and correct the personal information they submit
1. The steps we take to protect and keep secure the personal information we hold
We take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information we hold against interference, loss, unauthorised access, usage, modification or disclosure, and other misuses.
The steps we take include:
- maintenance of computer technology
- people and process-based security measures like firewalls, network security configurations, use of passwords and other appropriate measures where information is held in electronic form
- regular updates to security systems and configurations to protect our systems from malicious activities
- restriction of access to data to only those staff members that need access to carry out our business activities
- training and ensuring that all our employees are required, as a condition of employment, to treat Personal Information held by us as confidential
However, you should be aware that if you submit information to us electronically then be aware the internet is not a secure environment.
We take reasonable steps to provide a secure channel for receiving information but cannot absolutely protect Personal Information before it reaches us.
When the Personal Information that we collect is no longer required, we will destroy, delete it securely, or ensure that the information is de-identified in accordance with our information destruction and de-identification policy, unless we are required by law to retain a copy of the Personal Information or the information is contained in a Commonwealth record.
2. How individuals can access and correct their Personal Information held by us
You have the right to seek access to any of your Personal Information held by us unless there is a valid reason under the Privacy Act for us to withhold the information.
Valid reasons could be:
- we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature, engaging in and giving access be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action concerning the matter or
- giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within us in connection with a commercially sensitive process.
If your personal details change or you believe the information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us so that we can correct our records. We shall make sure to respond to you within a reasonable time.
If you are still not satisfied with the way your complaint is handled by us, you are entitled to have your complaint reviewed under the Privacy Act.
Updates to this Policy
We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time. Any revisions to the Policy will be updated on this website post changes.
If you would like to know more information on privacy, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website usage and other information collected on this website
Without your prior consent, we will not disclose your Personal Information collected about you on this website to any other party.
Also, we do not sell, rent or trade your Personal Information to any other third party except as required by law or permitted under the Privacy Act.
We use Google Analytics to measure and analyse the internet usage to ensure that the site meets PFEC Global’s business objectives with advertisers and users.
Individual privacy is fully protected unless we are trying to gain insights on how to make the site more useful for advertisers as well as our users.
Data collected from this analysis include:
- the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our sites.
- the number of unique visitors.
- how long the unique visitors (on average) spend on our websites.
- common entry and exit points to our sites.
- files downloaded from the site; and
- forms filled in on the site.
If you wish to disable the cookies on this website you will need to follow the steps required for your preferred browser (e.g. In Internet Explorer 10 and 11 this can be found in the Privacy tab under Internet Options).
Some of the information gathered are age, gender, interests etc. and might be used for marketing purposes.